Thank you to everyone who attended!
2022 NOFSW Conference
NOFSW Conference June 14-16, 2022
New Orleans, LA
Social Justice and Unjust Systems: Strategies to Advance Structural Change
As forensic social workers, we are uniquely positioned to advance structural change for sustained social justice, by:
· Holistically understanding clients’ intersectionality in order to provide more inclusive and equitable services.
· Articulating justice/equity as a stated goal and including clients and stakeholders in identifying the root causes and developing solutions.
· Training administrators and staff to achieve social justice and equity.
· Disaggregating data and reporting outcomes with context.
· Considering intended and unintended impacts of programming, practices, and policies such that burdens and benefits are experienced equitably.
· Developing theories of structural/systems change to avoid only project-based results and instead support longer-term transformation and justice.
We invite you to partner with NOFSW to better understand systems and to gain the knowledge, skills, and strategies to advance structural change at all levels of practice. Join us in New Orleans for our 38th annual conference to become an advocate and architect of forensic social work and justice!
2022 NOFSW Conference Location and Lodging Information
The 2022 NOFSW Conference will be held at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel. On the historic Canal Street streetcar line bordering the French Quarter, the hotel is steps from world-famous restaurants, legendary nightlife, prime shopping. Unfortunately, our room block has closed and the whole hotel is currently sold out on the nights of June 12, 13 and 14. Other nights remain available. The New Orleans Marriott is directly across the street from the Sheraton and does have availability as does the Fairfield Inn as a more economical option just down the street. www.marriott.com. There are many other hotels in close proximity as well.
We Appreciate the Support of our Conference Sponsors